tale of the white cap

A couple of months ago, I, together with the Bradford CYAF, went to an acquaintance activity in some beach in the City of Naga. The overnight activity included team building exercises, which is a series of team games.

In the final game, each group was to extract seawater and "carry" it to a bottle. My teammates held in place the "gutters" through which the water must be channeled to the bottle. It was my job to extract water with everything that I have with me (this means, my clothes and body parts only, or those of my teammates).

One of my teammates was wearing a white cap. I figured it would make my job easier and in turn would put our team on top of the others. So I asked her I could use her cap for "carrying" water. She vehemently refused to my request so I ended up using my white shirt instead.

After the game, we gave insights and reflections on our experiences in the games. Here is what I shared with the group on my friend's white cap.

When my friend refused to lend me her cap, I realized that we make sacrifices for the group to a certain degree. But it is futile to assume that others would make the same sacrifices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we were team mates that time, right?
who was the one with the white cap? i totally forgot.