Fave Bible Character

Last Sunday, the children at Bradford had a creative junior worship service. They were all asked to wear costumes of their favorite Bible characters for that day and many of them did. (I wish I have pictures). It was fun. Lua (and many others) was Mary (Korean version; because she wore a traditional Korean costume under her long veil). Dakila was Delilah. Nikko was David. Sam and Kitkat were angels.

One thing I noticed is that nobody, not even the Sunday School teachers (who also wore costumes) wore a Jesus costume. Is it because he is not a favorite? or because he is not a character?

I think the answer to these is captured in the lyrics of a beautiful song titled "Everything to Me" by Avalon. The chorus goes this way:

Everything to me
He's more than a story
More than words on a page of history
He is the air that I breathe
The water I thirst for
And the ground beneath my feet
Oh He's everything, everything to me


You see Jesus is not A favorite. He is THE favorite. And He is not a character. He is far more...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

touching.
i wish i saw lua.

ps. THE BEST AND HEADER!