first gig

September 5th, Friday, was the day “Kape ug Kanta” was revived. It was also the day of Two Copper Coins' first gig.

I really do not know how to look back to that day. So many things happened around and within me.

I could look at it as a disaster. I was the (unofficial) organizer of the event and I totally forgot to prepare the sound system. People were asking me where were the speakers and other equipment. It was scheduled to start at half past seven in the evening and it started some minutes after nine. For almost two hours, people were asking me, “What time will we start?”

So few people came. My girlfriend was pissed with me the whole stretch of the “show.” My good friend Koren was there to watch us perform but instead ended up watching my irresponsible persona fail and falter.

I could also look at it as a selfish act. The idea of me and the other guys of Two Copper Coins performing has taken the better part of me. The major reason I forgot about preparing for the event was that I was so excited and so busy practicing for our performance. Until now I continue to ask myself if I exerted a considerable amount of effort to revive “Kape ug Kanta” to bring back into existence a good venue for young Christians to hang out, or to provide a venue for me to perform.

It was supposed to be all for the glory of God. The event. Two Copper Coins. All these came into being to praise and glorify the Almighty. I failed to look past myself and look up to Him.

But of course, I could look at it another one of God's intricate plans. Despite my failures and questionable motive, it all worked out in the end.

Lord, I'm sorry for my selfishness. May you be glorified in everything that I do.


We hope to make “Kape ug Kanta” a regular activity of the young. And we strive to cling on to the purpose of honor Him, and Him alone.

3 comments:

karengrace said...

There will still be next time Paul. Take it as a challenge...Maybe your idea of "Kape ug Kanta" to be just 'chill' lang na event (and not really super duper grand) is not what it's meant to be. I'm thinking na usahay raman sya na event and the planning and preparing part could bring the youth together para ma-strengthen inyo bond and and everyone would come together not just to fellowship but to fulfill a greater purpose or something like that. Then eventually, Kape ug Kanta will be something that everybody would look forward to in the future.

Don't worry, I'll still go next KApe ug Kanta...=)

Halo Photography said...

hehehe... thanks kor... i'll really think about it.
and maybe, just maybe the name is jinxed. or maybe it is not quite appropriate. i mean "kape ug kanta" is supposed to be a gathering of young christians to glorify God through music. what do you think of this name: JaM! (Jesus and Music)...? i personally think it is more appropriate. i mean it should be all about Jesus and music... hehehe.
and what is more? there are a few changes in the church that is paving a way to make kape ug kanta or JAM a regular activity. i'll tell you more about it when things get clear.

thanks again.

karengrace said...

I like JaM better..=D it's cool and at the same time, deeper ang meaning. And also, maybe next time all should strive harder pud for excellence...as in excellence for Jesus...=)