bumps and waves

It's been quite a while since I've posted something sensible. And I don't have the time right now to write one. So I'm posting another poem of mine. I wrote this one with high hopes of reading it in the first "Kape ug Kanta" of the Bradford CYAF and CYF in front of people. The activity by the way is all about music, jamming, appreciating the presence of friends, praising God and, of course, coffee!!! Well I never had the guts to "volunteer" my poem. So I ended up reading a really cool (and weird at the same time) poem.

Here is the one I wrote:

Through Bumps and Waves

By: Paulster

070712


My life has been a bumpy ride

And I have taken all the wrong turns

From dead ends to pit holes and cliff sides

I'm going slow yet the rubbers burn

When the roads get slippery and wet

And my eyes cannot see through the haze

Friends are those who keep me on track

Those who cheer me on to finish the race

And tell me to trust in God’s amazing grace


At times, my life is a rough cruise

A vessel sailing on a storm-tossed sea

With a broken mast and no paddles to use

I’ve been adrift and floating aimlessly

As the waves grow higher and stronger

And the wind leaves me shivering to the core

Friends are those who wrap their arms around me

Saying: “Together we can reach for the shore

Because God’s love is mightier even more”

No comments: