KEIKEN Series 00: Tanjou (The Birth)

A few weeks ago, as I was paying some friends a visit, I mentioned in one of our conversations something about my experience in Japan. Then Koren said, “We never really had the chance to talk about your Japan experience, Paul noh?”

She was right. I have been wanting to tell people about my wonderful, almost surreal, experience in The Land of the Rising Sun, but never got the chance to. Well, I could name a few circumstances that kept me from telling my story, but there is not one that I can put the blame on.

So I came up with “Keiken.” It is a series of posts in my blog that recounts my experiences in Japan. Keiken is the Nihongo (Japanese) for experience. I actually had to search online for this word. My below-average Nihongo has deteriorated since I have nothing and nobody to practice it with on a regular basis.

I only stayed in the country cherry blossoms for about ten months. But the experience I had is worth a lifetime.

No comments: