getting rid of problems

This morning, before going to the office, I removed from the front tire of my motorcycle a piece of wire. It was shaped like an S or a Z. Apparently, it did not puncture the interior tire. But I realized it was this wire that was making ticking sounds for the past few days.

After removing the wire, I looked at it and said to myself "Well, problem solved. No more irritating ticking sound this time." Then I carelessly threw on the path way.

I got on my bike and then sped off to the office. After running about eight kilometers, I felt something fishy about the way my bike runs. I figured it's a flat tire. I checked the front tire thinking I may be wrong and it got punctured after all. But it was not. So I continued driving but there is still something funny about the bike.

It was then that I learned that my rear tire was flat. So I drove about a hundred meters to the nearest vulcanizing shop. It was the same shop where I had my rear tire replaced a few weeks back.

There I learned what had caused my flat tire. It was a piece of wire shaped like an S or a Z. And I had a strong feeling it was the same wire I removed from my front tire and carelessly threw on the path way.

The lesson of the story? When you get rid of a problem, be sure it doesn't come back. Because when it does, it does more damage.

No comments: