Shit happens for a reason

I always make it a point to have a handkerchief in my left (back or front) pocket everywhere I go.  But one fateful day, I was not able to bring one because all of my hankies are in the laundry.

So when I got to my cubicle at the faculty room, I grabbed a pack of pop-up tissues that has been there for several months already and shoved it into my bag before going to class.  I thought it was the perfect stand-in for my absentee hanky.

In the classroom, as I was running a little late, I immediately set up my computer for Powerpoint.  When I was almost done, my tummy started to feel weird.  And if one knows me, he/she should know that I'm not particularly skilled at holding my bowels.

There was nothing else to do: I had to grab the pack of tissues, put it in my pocket and dashed to the nearest rest room.

That was the first time I was glad I did not have a handkerchief with me.

... all things work together for good to those who love God... - Romans 8:28


No comments: