Chop Suey!

One of the local newspapers in Cebu has a column which asks people some questions and then prints their answers. To join, one only has to send his or her name, age, school/course/occupation and a recent photo in JPEG format by email.

I have long wanted (secretly of course; but then again, I bet at least half the people I know want the same) to have my picture in the pages of a paper (or magazine), so I joined a week ago. The guy who keeps the column replied and said I would have to answer ASAP the questions that follow:

What is your favorite vegetable/vegetable dish? Why?

What was your favorite sport event in high school/college? Why?

The thing is I was not able to reply to the message immediately. And I did not buy a copy of the paper the following days. These are like a one-two combination that knocked out any chance of me knowing if my face and my brilliant ideas ever got printed.

So (for the sake of having my brilliant ideas posted) here is my answer to the first question. I did not bother answering the second one because I only enjoy sports if I’m in the audience.

Chop suey! Firstly, I like it because I hated vegetables when I was a kid and chop suey pretty much has everything in it. It is my way of making up for all the good stuffs I’ve missed. And secondly, I like it because it gives me a good reflection on life. A spoon full of chop suey gives you random vegetables. Life on the other hand gives us random things at any given moment. We just have to realize that all these things can work together harmoniously for good, like all the vegetables and spices in a bowl of chop suey are a delicious treat.

2 comments:

barefaced nes said...

mine is crab meat & i don't know how to explain why except that it's drop dead yummy! :)

barefaced nes said...

ngeeh. i thought any dish would do. HAHA! vegetable man diai. :)

mine is ampalaya with egg. i don't know why. hehe.